Sunday, November 20, 2005

Murdered the whole month of April just to take May Off (Part II)

Here's a second hand from the same session. I hadn't been playing quite as laggy on this table as on the others, but my opponents mostly suffer from the same passive play as at the other table.

***** Hand History for Game (?) *****
$100 PL Omaha - Saturday, November 19, 23:16:37 EDT 2005
Table Table 66280 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 10: Hero ( $249.95 )
Seat 3: Turnis ( $88.70 )
Seat 5: frdoc22 ( $15.60 )
Seat 6: ragscpd ( $169.17 )
Seat 1: bestlucky ( $117.55 )
Seat 2: phidragon ( $54.05 )
Seat 7: caranza ( $17.20 )
Seat 9: daytrader777 ( $106.31 )
Seat 4: GenCon ( $42.50 )
GenCon posts small blind [ $0.50 ].
frdoc22 posts big blind [ $1 ].

Holecards:
Dealt to Hero [ ]

A total junk pair of ten's. I can hit a few bad straights and a bad flush, but I am again mostly playing this to flop a set or get out. My opponents are fairly passive on flush/straight boards though so I may be able to win the pot with nothing if I feel my they haven't hit.

CALL ragscpd, $1
CALL caranza, $1
CALL daytrader777, $1
CALL Hero , $1
DCP48 has joined the table.
RAISE bestlucky $7.50

I have the worst possible position on this guy but I *know* that he only raises AAxx here and I will a good chance of manipulating him post flop, so I choose to call, especially since the pot will likely be somewhat big.

FOLD phidragon
FOLD Turnis
CALL GenCon $7
FOLD frdoc22
CALL ragscpd $6.50
CALL caranza $6.50
FOLD daytrader777
CALL Hero $6.50

Flop :
[ ]
CHECK GenCon
CHECK ragscpd
CHECK caranza
CHECK Hero
CHECK bestlucky

I could try to steal the pot here. I know my main opponent will fold AA without a diamond or wrap wheel draw, but people tend to play retarded hands on the flop for big bets but fold the same hands on the turn with one card to come. If the PFR bets here, I'll fold, if he lets me see a turn card that's not an ace, king or queen and it's checked to me again I will probably pot it.

Turn:

[ ]
CHECK GenCon
CHECK ragscpd
CHECK caranza
BET Hero , $37.55

This is actually a good card for me. I have two tens so it is less likely that someone has a straight and no one has thrown a bet in. My flush draw is possibly good as well, though i am not likely to call or make a big bet if I do manage to hit it.

CALL bestlucky, $37.55

Whoops. I would guess he has T9 here since I can't imagine smoothcalling with the nuts in a pot this big, especially since I haven't been firing big bets on the river with nothing. I don't think that he's loose enough to call with a bare flush draw. He might have AAJx with diamonds or something similar that would give him a gutshot.

FOLD GenCon
FOLD ragscpd
ALL-IN caranza

Buddy pushes in his last $10 and it's of no consequence.

River:
[ ]
CHECK Hero

I made my hand but I have no idea if it's good. I made a fairly big mistake in not betting at all here since the pot is so big he will probably have to call a $20 bet with a straight, and I have given him free reign to bluff my ass off. Fortunately he is a standard weak partypoker slowplayer.

CHECK bestlucky
Hero shows [ ] a flush queen high .
bestlucky doesn't show [ ] a straight, ten to ace.

Well, thanks for letting me make my hand, I guess. Did he think we were tying? The chance of me having AT with him having AAT in his hand is very small. He gave me infinite odds to hit my flush because he either got greedy or was too afraid to play back at me.

caranza doesn't show [ ] a pair of sixes.

No comment. :)

Hero
wins $55.70 from side pot #1 with a flush queen high .
Hero wins $65.60 from the main pot with a flush queen high .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home