Monday, June 19, 2006

I told you don't ever ever come around here no more

Today was the World Blogger Championship on PokerStars. I played, and I think I played pretty well. I was chipleader for most of the tournament after the first hour, played a lot of small ball, never getting all-in until the blinds were absolutely huge, and then losing 4 or 5 huge coinflips that would've had me in good shape if I'd won any of them. I ended up finishing 16th for a $370 satellite seat. Hopefully I'll be able to sell the seat for W$ as I'm pretty sure I couldn't get to Vegas to play in the WSOP ME anyway.

In other news, I have a backer and my br domination plan has started. I really wanted to play 2K hands today but some random internet malfunction had party lagging like a motherfucker for the last few hours and I couldn't stand it any more.



It felt like it was going to be a pretty crappy day overall. Within the first 200 hands I dropped two buy-ins fairly quickly, once with top set vs wrap/flush draw and the second time with 89TJ double suited vs AA34 (no suits) all in on a 887 flop.

I'm going to try to discuss hands I played and why I played them that way on a regular basis from now on. Today there weren't really any tricky hands or ones I thought I played especially well, so I'm just gonna post the biggest pot I played.

***** Hand History for Game (?) *****
$25 PL Omaha - Monday, June 19, 03:21:29 ET 2006
Table Castlemaine (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: N0_VASELINE ( $59.80 )
Seat 2: jastackhouse ( $53.75 )
Seat 3: JTB012 ( $21.35 )
Seat 4: pokercsavo ( $24.40 )
Seat 5: Nosupe4u ( $33.50 )
Seat 6: Hero ( $121.08 )
Seat 7: tyler3343 ( $95.74 )
Seat 8: BetRaiseNuts ( $24.40 )
Seat 9: rccardshark ( $24.75 )
Seat 10: allyglafner1 ( $0 )
tyler3343 posts small blind [ $0.10 ].
BetRaiseNuts posts big blind [ $0.25 ].

Holecards:
Dealt to Hero [ ]
CALL rccardshark, $0.25
FOLD N0_VASELINE
FOLD jastackhouse

CALL JTB012, $0.25
FOLD pokercsavo
RAISE Nosupe4u, $1.35
CALL Hero , $1.35
CALL tyler3343, $1.25
FOLD BetRaiseNuts
CALL rccardshark, $1.10
CALL JTB012, $1.10

This is definitely a junk hand, but $25 PLO players typically overvalue high cards so generally if I hit a good flop with this hand (two low cards) I'm going to have a great draw all to myself.

Flop:
(Pot: $7)
[ ]
BET tyler3343, $3
FOLD rccardshark
FOLD JTB012
FOLD Nosupe4u
Its_Gooood has joined the table.
RAISE Hero $15.65
CALL tyler3343 $12.65

And this is an excellent flop for me. Any Ace, deuce, three, four, five or seven gives me the nuts and a six gives me the second nuts. I raise both to get a free card and to disguise my hand. This is all rudimentary stuff.

Turn : (Pot: $38.3)
[ ]
rccardshark: lol]
rccardshark: take him down
BET tyler3343, $20
CALL Hero , $20

Villain in this hand was lagging it up and this turn bet made zero sense. Raising here is foolish because with 15-18 outs I'm a dog to any one pair hand, and I don't think this guy is folding. This kind of turn bet usually is two pair or bottom/middle set, but he could have a similar draw to mine.

River: (Pot: $78.3)
[ ]
rccardshark: idiots
ALL-IN tyler3343
CALL Hero , $58.74
tyler3343 shows [ ] two pairs queens and fours .
Hero shows [ ] a straight two to six .
Hero wins $192.78 from the main pot with a straight two to six .
rccardshark: crazy betting with no made hand

Jackpot! I really don't understand the villains line here. There is 0% chance that I smoothcall that turn with any set. The only possible hand I might fold that's ahead of Q4 is Q9, and even then I'm not raising the flop without some kind of draw to go with my ONE PAIR and that 5 is more likely to have helped me than hurt me. At any rate, I think it's one of the largest pots I've won at $25 PLO and I love the comment from the nit at the end. There are actually people that play a lot of PLO (I have 4000 hands on this guy) that think raising with a draw is somehow wrong.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great hand.

I play mainly $25 PLO and I see many hands where it is potted and called preflop, only to see no action whatsoever until the river.

Also, congrats on your backer.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home