Thursday, December 27, 2007

2007 - Year In Review

Wow, I haven't posted anything on this blog in over a year. Writing a blog about something you do everyday, even though you may like it a lot, can quickly become tedious. There is also an issue of not wanting to educate my opponents, especially as the games have gotten somewhat tougher since the UIGEA. I do, however, think that posting about my hands, in the absence of being able to discuss them with people who's opinions I trust and respect, really helps me with my play, so when I am up for it I will post hands and/or thoughts from time to time.

The past year has been incredibly trying, both in life and in poker.

I lost two of my six siblings months apart after having been out of contact with them for more than ten years. Watching a loved one die is not something you get over quickly, and though it happened in June it's still as though I was in that hospital room just hours ago. It may or may not be related, but after shaving my head at least once a week for about 12 years straight, I decided to let it grow out so I could actually have a functional haircut and discovered I am already going grey. I'm 27 ferfucksakes.

On the poker side it was an ok year. There were some extended periods of running bad which led to bad play and I don't feel I've grown much as a player, but I can only believe that 2008, in both life and poker, will be a better year.

One thing that has definitely gotten worse in regards to my poker play is bet sizing. I've playing pretty much 100% on Full Tilt the last three months and the 'Bet Pot' button has resulted in much laziness, which has caused sloppy play and goofy bluffs when I easily could have won the pot by betting smaller on previous streets. MUST STOP IMMEDIATELY!!! No more bet pot button for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home