Monday, September 25, 2006

And the award for SpewMonkey 2006 goes to....

Carddead for this entire SNG. Played exactly one hand prior to this. A shortstack moved in on the button for 950 or so and I called with AK. A5 flopped two fives and half my stack was blown. I was looking for any reasonable hand to put my last two BB's in with on the bubble and then this happened.

***** Hand History for Game (?) *****
NL Texas Hold'em $109 Buy-in Trny:29229891 Level:5 Blinds(200/400) - Monday, September 25, 23:09:06 ET 2006
Table Speed #1290788 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 6: MegaB1te ( $6740 )
Seat 9: Hero ( $880 )
Seat 10: zac777 ( $9040 )
Seat 4: tlbcaptain ( $3340 )
Trny:29229891 Level:5
Blinds(200/400)

Holecards:
Dealt to Hero [ ]
ALL-IN MegaB1te
FOLD Hero Yay me, I have a hand I can actualy fold. I am probably calling with about 60% of my hands here, including any pair, any ace, any king, Q8 or better, J8 or better and maybe some suited connectory (is that a word) kind of hands, hoping to be live.
ALL-IN zac777
UMM WHAT? The original raiser had been playing pretty tight and the caller was even tighter. I was desparately hoping party handed me some kind of miracle AA vs KK situation.

FOLD tlbcaptain

Flop:
[ ]

Turn:
[ ]

River:
[ ]
MegaB1te shows [ ] a pair of threes .
zac777 shows [ ] a pair of threes .
zac777 wins 2300 chips from side pot #1 with a pair of threes with ace kicker .
zac777 wins 13880 chips from the main pot with a pair of threes with ace kicker .
MegaB1te finished in fourth place.


OKAY! WTF is going on here? Megab1te pushes with KJ UTG to steal blinds that amount to about 9% of his stack. His push is completely retarded as there is an 8BB and a 2BB stack at the table. Both of us are calling with a huge range of hands because we have little choice. He could have raised to 1000 or maybe 1200 and evaluated from that point, but that would not have gotten me into the money, so thank you Megab1te.

Then onto the call. Zac777 risks most of his stack in a bubble situation when he is about 44% to win against a range of hands including AA-22, AQ and AK. Unless he has a pretty good read on Megab1tes pushing range there I think he can fold his AK pretty safely. If he loses the hand, he's got like 6BB's left. He already has a good sized stack and can steal blinds pretty aggressively. Some people may be able to come up with ICM numbers that show AK as an easy call but I personally think he could easily have folded.

So I ended up squeaking into the money, got all in vs the second shortstack on the next hand and my 33 held up against J5, then pushed again with K2s against his BB. He called with Q6, I turned a 2, and I secured second place. I actually managed to build my stack up to 8000 or so when AK=thenuts guy pushed my BB with A2 against my 77 and rivered an ace. Oh well, $300 I wasn't supposed to have anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home